Hi, my name is Marina Pospergelis.
I am a native Russian Usability/User Experience (UX) Researcher and web designer, working and living in Hong Kong.
- 15 years of work experience as a usability expert/researcher, and web designer in Russian companies and in Hong Kong.
- 15 years of experience in prototyping software such as Axure RP Pro, Microsoft Visio, and expert knowledge in other similar apps like Figma, Adobe XD, InVison, and Voiceflow to create voice assistants and chatbots.
- Successfully conducting remote (online) usability studies since 2016.
- Working on CX research and creating personas from scratch.
- I understand web analytic data (Google, Webtrends, YandexMetrika) that can be used for the AB/MVT tests (with help of Google Optimize, Webtrends or whatever tool you want to use).
- I have experience in managing a team using Agile/SCRUM.
- I understand software guidelines (and I will be religiously following them), and have some knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Created different types of design and language (copy, capitalization, language tone, etc) guidelines.
- I am a regular blood donor, with 15 donations in Hong Kong so far.
2022-2023 – East China Normal University, School of International Chinese Studies
汉语综合课 Chinese Comprehensive Course
Received 学生之星 honour in December 2022
2013-2015 – University of Hainan, Sanya College, 海南大学三亚学院
Certificate: Chinese Language, HSK 3.
2009-2013 – Moscow State Textile University “A. N. Kosygin’
Aspirant in Higher Mathematics, Condensed Matter Physics
During my PhD study at the Higher Mathematics academic department, I was working on a tool that was written (C#) and designed by me. The tool was supposed to help the professors from the department and their staff to transfer all the knowledge they gained during the decades of work into the condensed matter physics and textile study and kept physically on paper (you know, they are old school pals) and to the online or app by making the calculations and formulas automatized and being easily accessible by the elder and less digitally mature staff as well as the young students of the academic department.
2012-2012 – British Higher School of Art and Design
Graphic Design summer intensive classes
During one week of Summer Intensive classes, I learnt from famous Russian designers such as:
- Mitya Kharshak, https://europeandesign.org/judges/mitya-kharshak/
- Vlad Ermolaev, https://www.ermolaevbureau.com/
- Vasili Andreev, http://wtpack.ru/interviews/designer-is-not-artists/
- Max Nesterenko, https://britishdesign.ru/en/
- And some other cool designers!
- Graphic and Art
- Fonts: how to do the whole font from one word you’ve seen on the street
- Identica: how to create
- Graphic Design tools, such as Photoshop and Illustrator
- How to create and develop goods packaging
- By the end of the day, every team made its own presentation for people who would like to buy the goods with new packaging;
- How to express your ideas in collages, photos, and paintings.
2002-2007 – Moscow Institute of Electronics and Mathematics
Engineer in Computers, Complex, Systems and Networks
I was lucky enough to visit the IT events and meet people from the growing UX and Design community, which gave me a clear understanding of what I would want to do after graduation.
You Might See Me
- As a Game Design judge at Microsoft Imagine Cup, USA, New York, 2011
- As a judge at Imagine Cup 2012, Russia, Moscow Finals
- Podcasts about whether, YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0H02qNY0k
- Advertising, Hong Kong, October 2021
Info page, main video: https://www.globalsources.com/STM/site/app
Direct link to download the video: https://www.globalsources.com/STM/wp-content/uploads/APPEDU_VIDEO.mp4
- I’ve been a lead presenter at Microsoft User Groups in different universities with several usability reports.
From 2015, September – UX Researcher at Global Sources, Hong Kong SAR
As a UX Researcher at Global Sources, I am responsible for any type of user research and design.
Twice a year, in April and October, Global Sources held the Trade Shows at AsiaWorld-Expo in Hong Kong (https://www.globalsources.com/STM/ts/) and during this period I am conducting face-to-face usability tests with visitors from all over the world in English and Chinese (regardless of my poor speaking skills I am able to understand my respondents).
For the last 3 years, most of the research was conducted online.
Apart from the Trade Shows, the company has a website for the buyers, an internal system for the suppliers, and 2 apps for each of these groups of users, both Android and iOS:
- Buyer app, iOS https://apps.apple.com/us/app/globalsources-com/id952052155
- Buyer app, Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.globalsources.globalsources_app
- Supplier app, iOS https://apps.apple.com/us/app/gs-supplier/id1033427795
- Supplier app, Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.globalsources.android.gssupplier
For all these services, I am responsible for at least the following:
- Continuously evaluate quality assurance, report bugs and provide recommendations on the areas that need to be improved
- Expert Review to identify issues and recommend solutions
- AB/MVT testing to identify which solution converts better (Webtrends, Google Optimize, and with help of our developers)
- Usability Test with the users at the show and online throughout the year
- As well as the Customer Experience research for the new version of the GlobalSources.com
- Preferences Tests (online via invision app and in person with the paper and online mockups)
- Banner, EDM design
- Wireframing using Figma and Adobe XD, Photoshop, Axure
Russian (Native), English (Fluent), Mandarin (普通话) (HSK3), 粤语 (入門).
Everything related to UX and Usability, Hiking (check my Instagram for more pictures), Snowboarding, Aggressive Inline Skating
If you want to learn more, SAY HI