Customer Experience research should help you to identify your ideal users, those, you want to target. If you don’t know who are your clients or don’t know the goals and tasks of your users, or you want to know the everyday tasks of your clients, you can conduct research that is very similar to the usability test – customer experience research, and as a result – identify your personas.
What the research will include?
- Pre-identify your users and divide them into groups.
- For each group, create a hypothetical portrait of a representative user, including:
- Age Group
- Goals and tasks with your product
- Tasks related to your business but not included in your product
- Any additional information you should take as a reference
- Look for people falling into each of the pre-identified persona
- Create tasks and questions helping to clarify hypotheses
- Conduct 1:1 research, asking users questions about their goals and tasks
- During the research,
- For each persona, 2-3 representatives can be interviews
- Compile data and update the personas
How many personas should you have?
From 3 to 5 should be more than enough to cover all your targeted groups of users.
What will happen next?
Once you found out who are your personas, you can start working on your product keeping in mind that
If you want to learn more, SAY HI